Tuesday, February 16, 2016

"It's a String Thing" #131 Tiles

Happy (one day after) St. Valentine's Day!

I hope your day - like every day - was full of love.

My Valentine (Lou, my husband) gave me the precious gift of a visit from our grandchildren for the weekend.
Needless to say, our hearts and home are filled to the brim with love - as are the tiles from this week!

I will post them below without my usual Tangled Tidbits to allow more "Gramma time".  Thank you for understanding :)

The first tile arrived from Juul (France) ~
I finally send in a tile.....but i'm not really happy with it. I presume that the heart-theme is not soooo much "my cup of tea" haha.

From smgg (Taiwan) ~
Have a nice day!

From Sarah (Michigan) and here on her blog ~
Here is my heart using all three tangles and the string. Wasn't too bad of a string to negotiate and I had a nice time. Great tangles chosen for this week!




From Tina Kirchhübel (Germany) and here on her blog ~
I love the hearts in this week's challenge. Your new pattern is so beautiful. Unfortunately I missed last week's challenge but this week I am back. And here is my entry.
Greetings from Germany

From Linda Bladen (United Kingdom) ~
Have really enjoyed these last heart themed challenges, but think this one has given me the most satisfaction. Thank you



From Winter Illios (Indiana) ~
Here’s my tile for the most recent challenge. After 3 weeks of hearts, I’m a little done in, but overall I think its been a great set of challenges and I am looking forward to next week’s. Hope you have a great weekend!


From Tina Sanders (Arizona) ~
I LOVED this week’s challenge Adele and learned two new tangles! 


From Lucy Banta, CZT (New Jersey) ~
Happy Valentine's Day and thank you for the love-ly heart tangles and strings for the last 3 weeks. I went overboard on the pink...may as well before returning to black next week!



From Lily (Hungary) with "Zenhugs" ~



From Anita A Westin (Dalarna, Sweden) ~
Here comes my entry for IAST no 131. Lovely patterns. And Lovely string!
Warm regards!


From Susan Theron (South Africa) and here on her blog ~
Thanks for this challenge. I've enjoyed this a lot. Here is my contribution and also on my blog: And a happy Valentine's day to all.


From Dorrit Thompson (Punta Gorda, Florida) ~
Happy Valentines to all. This certainly puts you in the mood


From Joanne Faherty (Bedfordshire, United Kingdom) ~
Love this weeks string and the tangles. Can't wait to see everyone's.


From Mary Helmers ~
Here is my second tile for your challenges. Hearts are not my strong suit (neither are clubs or spades, but diamonds are easier), and I am not really thrilled with this tile, mainly because of my level of artistic abilities. My drawings look like those my kids did in the second and third grades. But as Maria Thomas says, it isn't about the art; it's about the journey.
I don't usually use color in my tiles, but this is Valentine's day, for goodness sake, and red and pink are simply necessary. I also used some blue to keep that pink from being overwhelming.
I am looking forward to seeing what others do with this challenge. I learn so much by seeing tiles other than just mine!
From Jane Glotzer (Colorado) ~
What a fun string...started along the curly line with your Amore moving to the right, and then added a little bit more to extend to the top of the heart (a couple of slight variations.) Did the Heartstring on the right (at first with all lines) and filled in the bit of wonky Knightsbridge for the rest of the background...but then I wished I had room for more Knightsbridge, so I decided to give the Heartstring a little checkerboard type treatment...Played with my shading a bit...I have wanted to try the offset-shadow-depth thing for a while, so my larger Amore hearts seemed like the perfect opportunity...I'm pleased with my piece...sending a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to you, your family and all the fabulous artists that participate in It's a String Thing!!


From Linda Goncalves (Pennsylvania) ~
I especially liked working with Heartstrings and Amore. I will use
them again many times I am sure.


From Laura Emler ~
Thanks for such a fun challenge this week. I just went with my heart to decide
how to meet the challenge. lol. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family.


From Roberta (Germany) ~
Happy Valentine's Day to all Zentangle friends throughout the world!



From Jennifer (Kansas City, Missouri ) ~
I have another entry for this weeks challenge. I have been having a hard time with the heart patterns you've been featuring recently. They just haven't been clicking with me, but this week it finally just came together. I loved the suggestions for variations on Knightsbridge. I'm pleased with the shape it took filling up the string


From Linda Helfer (Florida) ~
Happy Valentine's Day, Adele! Thanks for your heart-themed challenges these past few weeks. They've been a good challenge for me. I love seeing other people's results and look forward to your next challenge.
(And photographed on a Tickled to Tangled frame!)


From Ingrid (The Netherlands) ~
Here is my ST # 131 tile.
Loved to do this one, but the Zen left me when I tried to fill in the big heart shape with the given tangles. Filling it with "Caught" (from ST # 129, brought me back into Zen. I also fell off my principles not to make black hearts. I think that was a good decision.


From Jeannette Quinn Bisbee (Ontario, Canada) ~
Thanks for all the fun 'heart' challenges. I only got to do two of them this month, but I loved doing them and seeing everyone's efforts. I really appreciated your tips on Knightbridge; I had more fun with it than usual, and I liked making the heart full of color. Got to play with some new pens, which is always fun...


From Jenny Hopkins (Australia) ~
Happy Valentines Day! May the love you share with others come back to surround you.
Here's my contribution to this week's challenge. I loved Amore. Thank you.



From Karin (Germany) ~
I am not really happy with this tile because my idea of how it would look was quite different but I will send it to you anyway. I wait eagerly to see what the other members of this fantastic zentangle community have made out of this string and patterns
Wish you a happy Valentine´s Day!
Greetings from Germany!


From Michele Wynne (California) and here on her blog ~
Thank you for inspiring another addition to my Heart Art series! This is the 4th tile in what will be a total of 12 tiles I'll be sending out at some point this month for a swap group I belong to on Facebook.
Happy Valentines Day!

From Ana Mega (Greece) ~
After the summer I was very busy with my job and I could not participate in your nice challenges! But I have been watching your site. But today I was able to create a tile because I had free time. So I send it to you because I want to participate in the challenge about Valentine day, #131.


From ToniLyn (Florida) and here on her blog ~
Here is my entry for this week's challenge. The Valentines themes have been tons of fun so far, Thank you to every one for your wonderful comments! And Thank you Adele Bruno for hosting such a great venue for all of us to participate and share in.


From Kate (United Kingdom) ~



From Simone (Germany) and here on her blog ~
I wish you a beautiful Valentines day!
This week my intention was to draw the third "Heart Challenge" on a black tile and let the hearts glow...., but on the original black Zentangle tiles it is not so easy to get the black underground covered with the pens.
So I had to draw each string up to 5 times and it was impossible to get some filigrane drawing.
But- this is Zentangle- no mistakes, only experiences...
I like "Amore" very much and I am sure that I will use it again sometime.


From Sally (Massachusetts) ~
Warm hearts for a cold Valentines Day in New England.



From Talia Maynard (United Kingdom) ~
Here's my last tile for the hearts challenges. I really enjoyed using your new tangle, Amour. It was fun to use along the string line and it looks like it's very versatile.



From Beth Gaughan (North Carolina) ~
Happy Valentine's Day! In our home we are also celebrating my husband's birthday and his parents' wedding anniversary. February 14 is a big day in our family!


From Trish O'Leary, CZT (Florida) ~
This was so much fun! Loved every minute and thanks for that Adele!


From Robin Bort (Nevada) ~
Thank you for this challenge. I enjoyed learning these new-to-me patterns. Strings of Amore kind of got a little tangled over on the right… I had fun with this one.


From Portia (Michigan) ~
Happy Valentine’s Day.


From Becky Welty (North Carolina) ~


From Sue Agnew (Tucson, Arizona) ~
Hi, Adele -- happy Valentine's Day!
Here's #131. It was fun to play with your new tangle!
Hope you have a great weekend!


From Jessie Plouffe (Connecticut) ~
Here is my tile for this week's challenge! I'm very happy with this one.


From Felicity Strohfeldt (South Africa) and here on her blog ~
Happy Valentine’s day all the way from Velddrif, South Africa! Peace, Joy and most of all the wish, that you receive only Love this year. This wish is sent to all the artistic tanglers too,
who enter their amazing work every week.
I was rather tired and down, when I sat down to this week’s challenge. But good gracious, it became an inspiration and challenge. I just couldn’t put my pens down.
Off I went into my quiet spot and tangled and tangled until I was happy.


From Sharyn Penna (Massachusetts) ~


What a beautiful collection of tiles!

Thank you to everyone who participated this LOVE filled week.

Special thanks to the creative minds behind the string and tangles used this week, along with my Amore. - 

TanglePatterns String 039 by Jo Fletcher 

Heartstrings by Helen Williams

Knightsbrige by Maria Thomas, Zentangle® co-founder  

Stop by Tuesday afternoon for "It's a String Thing" #132!








2 comments:

  1. Hi. I love looking at what all the tanglers did and learn a lot from them. May I make a suggestion that tanglers that do not have a blog etc. add their email address to the entry. There are some tiles that I like very much and I would like to tell the tanglers so. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the suggestion. I'd love for you - and all readers - who want to leave a compliment or comment, to add it to the post so we can all enjoy.

    ReplyDelete