Thursday, September 10, 2015

Tips for Tangling TOUR


Nancy Domnauer's tangle, Tour, is one of the three tangles used in this week's "It's a String Thing" (click here for all of the delightful details).

I spent an enjoyable time today getting acquainted with Tour.  This resulted in some
Tips for Tangling that I hope you will find useful.

I began by drawing sixteen squares.  From there, I divided each one into a square grid.

Next, I tangled variations of the pattern as they came to mind.

Here is the result ~


I shaded the variations with a grey marker so it would show up a bit better.

There are a myriad of ways to shade, these are just a few...

Again, these are just the first sixteen that flowed from my pen when I spent an afternoon with the tangle.

They are also illustrated on square grids.  A curved grid would add even more interest - and possibilities.

I invite you to take a 'tour' of Tour.  Spend a little time with it - you will certainly be in for an adventure!











1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! Thanks for this. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete