Friday, September 13, 2013

Floatfest Revisited

After finishing my post about Carole Ohl's pattern Floatfest last week, something magical happened when I put my finished tiles on the kitchen table.  I did a double take because the centers of each pattern when put side by side looked like half a circle. 

This made me think...


What if I took four tiles and used a string line like this:

 
And what if I tangled each of the four tiles in different variations of Floatfest like this...
 
 
and this...

 
and this...

 
and this...

 
And what if I put these four tiles together so that their centers formed a circle like this....

 
 
Ooooooh!  I'm having way too much fun!  The possibilities are endless aren't they?!
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love your variations. I just discovered Zentangles a few months ago and am now inspired to come up with some of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Adele! Gosh, I may have to stare at this one all night! Absolutely beautiful and I love the two with the filled in space with black, it creates such a contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning!! I'm so enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The final piece is incredible! I love the build-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great concept! I'm going to do this today! Thanks

    ReplyDelete